Friday, July 3, 2009

Rehab

Yesterday, Kev and I put on our work-out clothes and headed to the gym. I have to admit, it is a pretty sweet place for cardio-rehab. The Duke Center for Living is an amazing facility staffed by a great group of doctors, nurses and physical therapists. Kev goes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for about 2 hours each morning. He gets his blood pressure and heart rate checked before, during and after excercise and is pretty much monitored continually. All part of the process of re-establishing his confidence (and mine) in returning to a very active lifestyle. So far, so good.

On the home front, we are continually being blessed by wonderful food and fun visits. This is so helpful as our days (my mom and mine) are spent trying to pack up the house and navigate taking care of the kids. The twins have enjoyed their chances for play dates... which also gives us a bit more breathing space and productivity! We remain thankful for our friends and family.

6 comments:

Aleta Sheetz said...

Hey J.D.!
What good news! Great to hear about great rehab!
Glad your twins are enjoying play dates! I remember being on bed rest with the third boy. Friends took them to the park, zoo, or McD's playground almost every week day.
When I was released, I didn't feel like going out much and they were so bored! Your move will probably help with that transition!

Aleta Sheetz said...

Hey J.D.!
What good news! Great to hear about great rehab!
Glad your twins are enjoying play dates! I remember being on bed rest with the third boy. Friends took them to the park, zoo, or McD's playground almost every week day.
When I was released, I didn't feel like going out much and they were so bored! Your move will probably help with that transition!

Aleta Sheetz said...

oops!

Gary Stewart said...

Kevin and JD,

We'be been in Durham for almost 2 years and when Meredith Elder told us you were back in Durham I've been meaning to contact you. Mark sent us the bulletin about Kevin's attack but have been in the dark ever since. I contacted Phyllis Immanuel today for an update and she directed me to the website. Melinda and I would LOVE to see you guys. Send me an email at wfpak69@msn.com and give some possible dates and times.

God bless,

Gary Stewart

Unknown said...

Bart family - it is so very encouraging to hear that the recovery process is going well. I worked at a cardiac rehab center many years ago, and I am excited as you continue the rehabilitation process in what sounds like a very nice surrounding. I'm excited for your future endeavors and all that God has in store for you.

-Scott Will

mhb said...

So glad to hear how God has provided and Kevin has come through. It encourages me in finishing my physical therapy degree! Hope you all are doing well. Its crazy to see how much the kids have changed since I was in Bundi 3 years ago! Much love, meredith blount.